ABOUT ISLAND EXPEDITIONS™ TOURS
Departing from stunning Noosa Heads, our three day action-packed adventure tours are the BEST way to truly experience all that K’gari has to offer. Our epic tour guides will teach you all you need to know about four wheel driving on beaches and rugged inland tracks, while sharing stories of the unique history & culture of this wonderful island.
At the end of each day, you can sit back and relax at our purpose built eco-campsite, a stone’s throw from the beach! Don’t worry about packing any camping gear or blankets, we have all of this sorted including camp toilet facilities.
You can also tour with confidence in the knowledge that Island Expeditions™ holds Ecotourism Australia Certification for operating & inspiring our guests to travel in a way that fosters environmental and cultural understanding, appreciation and conservation
Tours starting from
Island Expeditions™ – Kgari Australia
You have the option to select either the tour only, or the tour + two nights dorm accommodation at Nomads Noosa Youth Resort.
3 Day / 2 Night Tour
$579 per person
3 Day Tour + 2 Nights at Nomads Noosa Youth Resort
$599 per person
YOUR K’GARI ITINERARY
If there is one thing we know, it’s where all of the hot spots are on K’gari. From the famous Lake McKenzie to Maheno Shipwreck & Champagne Pools, you’ll be sure to tick K’gari off your bucket-list the right way with our amazing and passionate tour guides.
Coming on an Island Expeditions™ Adventure? Here’s a taste of what you’ll be getting up to:
Cruise along the seemingly endless seventy-five mile beach highway behind the wheel of a classic 4WD vehicle
Chill by the ocean and float in nature’s spa at Champagne Pools
Drift down the tranquil & crystal clear waters of Eli Creek
Gaze up at a magnificent blanket of stars accompanied by the sounds of rolling surf on the beach
FOUR WHEEL DRIVING ON K’GARI
When it comes to exploring K’gari, there’s only one way to do it, and that’s in a four-wheel drive. Whether you’re a veteran driver, or have never stepped foot in a four wheel drive before, our trusty Tour Guides will teach you all you need to know so you can get behind the wheel with confidence.
With every 4WD connected via radio, you can keep in touch with your Tour Guide and fellow adventurers as you hit the sand and begin exploring.
In order to drive, you do need to be over 21 years of age and have a valid driver’s license. Don’t want to drive? Not a problem, you can simply jump in the back seat and enjoy the ride!
ISLAND EXPEDITIONS™ FACT SHEET
- Bring your own alcoholic or soft drinks. Drinking water is provided (No glass bottles please)
- Compulsory pre-tour briefing held at Nomads Noosa Youth Resort at 6pm the day prior to the departure to the island
- Tour departs from Noosa or Rainbow Beach. (If opting for a Rainbow Beach departure, please contact Island Expeditions™ for directions to the pick up point)
- Passengers wishing to drive must be 21yrs of age & hold a valid driver’s licence (minimum of 2 years driving experience)
- Departure day: Please meet at Nomads Noosa reception no later than 6.30am. If you miss the departure you miss the tour!
- Sleeping bags + linen available on day of departure ($20 deposit payable in cash and fully refunded when returned to Noosa)
- For open dated bookings – allow a minimum of 7 days notice, up to 10 days in peak
- As it’s a genuine K’gari beach camping experience, daily swims in pristine freshwater lakes replace showers on this awesome adventure. Drinking water is provided
- Free luggage storage for bulky items at Nomads Noosa Youth Resort
- The Queensland Parks & Wildlife Department do not permit camp fires for tour groups camping in the National Park
- 4WD vehicle/s
- All camping & cooking equipment (Campsite is already set up)
- Professional and knowledgeable guide
- Meals while on tour (Day 1: LD | Day 2: BLD | Day 3: BL)
- Return ferry transfer
- National park fees
- Exclusive post tour party at KB’s Noosa. Meal deal options
available on return.
- Vehicle insurance excess fee
- Sleeping bag, sheet & pillow case ($20 cash deposit and fully refunded when returned to Noosa)
WHAT TO PACK
- A small day bag that includes your clothes for 3 days, drivers
licence, hat, sunblock, insect repellent, closed shoes, water bottle,
toiletries, towel, jumper/rain jacket (especially if camping in winter) and snacks
- Small, easy to inflate floatie for your swims in the lakes (optional)
EXPERIENCES YOU’LL NEVER FORGET?
BREATHTAKING BEAUTY & MEMORIES TO CHERISH FOR LIFE
FEEL THE MAGIC OF THIS ICONIC HERITAGE LISTED WILDERNESS
K’GARI IS NATURES MUST SEE MASTERPIECE
WHAT OTHERS THINK OF OUR TOURS
“Best trip so far, had an amazing time driving the 4x4s along the beach with a great group of people (TEAM BRUCE) and Chris the tour guide was great, he had so much knowledge about the island and explained the history behind every point. Would definitely recommend to anyone!”
“Had a blast. Everything was organized really good. The camp was clean and a nice vibe right by the beach. Our guide Phil was the best, he knew so much about Fraser Island and was a great cook. Driving the 4x4 was so much fun, would do it again every time. I met great people and saw so many great things in such a short amount of time. Can recommend it to anyone. Thanks 😊”
“Absolutely amazing trip, well organised & the tour guide ‘Phil’ was absolutely amazing! Would definitely recommend!”
– Shanice Hoffman
“Amazing tour of Fraser Island 🙂 our tour guide Phil was fab, he was so knowledgable about the island and made sure that we were all having fun, even giving us some good ideas for some games in the evening! The food was so nice, we were served a good 3 meals a day, and the camp site was clean and comfortable!! We visited some beautiful places and everyone who was able to drive a 4x4 got the chance to, which was so much fun, would recommend the tour to anyone!”
– Holly Bunting
Stay connected and receive special offers and regular updates on what’s happening on K’gari.